Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Road Not Taken Challenge


We have created a society in which we are pressured to do as much as we can in the least amount of time. Well, take a break from that frame of mind. At the grocery store, or the mall etc. park in a stall far from the doors. The extra walking will be good for you. Rather than hopping on the elevator/escalator walk up those flights of stairs. Weight bearing steps will build musculoskeletal strength. These are a couple of easy things to do to make a positive change in your lifestyle. If you have any to add, PLEASE COMMENT! There are over 200 hits on this site but only a few comments. Come on dudes! I need your feedback if this is going to work. I have so much to learn from all of you so please share!

2 comments:

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

OK, so I don't really have anything to contribute but I do think you're doing a great job. You're blog is helpful and informative without being lecture-y and superior. And I've finally got you on my google reader so I can make useless comments on every post! ;o)

Trish the Dish said...

Here's an idea - carry some of the heavy stuff instead of making your hubby do it. Today I hauled in those *&#! salt bags for our water softener. I had to remind myself of the rules - bend at the knees not in the back. It was a JOB! No wonder men die sooner. Obviously, be realistic - I can't lift the lawn mower up onto it's shelf in the garage for the winter. But I'm sure we (women) can all remember times when we've let the men do the dirty work even though we could have done it ourselves - and gotten a little exercise out of it. :) Should I be admitting this?!