Friday, January 23, 2009
I am flabbergasted at the number of people who do not eat breakfast. I wake up STARVING so not eating breakfast has never crossed my mind. Why should you eat breakfast?
Top 10 reasons to eat breakfast:
1. Breakfast restores sugar levels after up to 12 hours of not eating.
2. It is extremely difficult to get all of your necessary daily nutrients without breakfast.
3. Adults who skip breakfast are less mentally and physically efficient for longer periods during the day.
4. People who eat breakfast are more successful at losing weight and sticking to a diet.
5. Athletes who skip breakfast train less effectively.
6. Eating breakfast can raise metabolism by as much as 10 percent.
7. People who eat breakfast regularly are more likely to rate their health as "excellent" or "good."
8. Missing breakfast increases your chance of heavy machinery and factory accidents.
9. Eating breakfast has been shown to increase concentration.
10. Eating a bigger meal in the morning and a smaller meal at night optimizes your daily energy levels.
Lately my favorite breakfast includes a bowl of plain oatmeal with a scoop of peanut butter, a glass of milk and an orange. Like I said, I wake up starving so this may seem like a lot for those of you who aren't used to eating in the early morning hours. What are some of your favorite breakfast foods????