Thursday, October 9, 2008

Water Challenge

As I mentioned in the previous post, this week's challenge is drinking the recommended 64 oz. of water daily.
Water is essential to our bodies because they are predominantly made up of water. Every day your body has to replace 2 1/2 quarts of water. Water aids in digestion, food absorption, temperature and blood circulation regulation. Water also carries nutrients and oxygen to cells. It aids in the removal of toxins and wastes. Water in our bodies cushions our joints and protects tissues and organs. Thus, it is vital we make sure to replenish our bodies with this essential fluid to feel, look and work our best.
I like to drink through a straw because I drink more. I also have a friend who makes drinking water a personal challenge. She tries to drink one 8 oz. bottle per hour at work. She sits it on her desk where she can see it. Liz, I am talking about you so if I botched the way you do it please let me know.
My sis-in-law puts flavored drink mix in her water to make it more appetizing.
Any other ideas? Please comment.

1 comment:

Lizy Nielsen said...

Nope, you got it right! I work better when I have a goal, so getting a bottle finished in an hr becomes a game.