Thursday, October 9, 2008

Why this Blog? Why Now?

I have always been interested in exercise and nutrition. I even studied exercise and sport science at the University of Utah and absolutely LOVED it.

As women in this society we tend to put our health last. We take care of our co-workers, our parents, our husbands and our children and have little energy left over to do the things we should to take care of ourselves. Now I am not saying we are all martyrs. I am just saying that I know how hard it is to find time and energy to exercise. Even for someone like me who LOVES to get her sweat on. Women are social people and I thought what better way to keep myself healthy than to share ideas with my friends on ways to be happy and healthy. I don't want to come off as someone who knows it all, because that is definitely NOT the case. The whole purpose of this blog is to be a place we can share ideas and tips with each other. If you have an idea, an exercise, a healthy recipe, a great workout song, etc. PLEASE SHARE! Even if you found a great moisturizer, let us all know.

The fact that it is Breast Cancer Awareness Month gave me the extra "push" to get this blog launched. Now, obviously cancer doesn't discriminate. Even healthy, athletic people get cancer (Hello Lance Armstrong). But, why not try to live healthier in hopes it will help us stay around a little longer?

I have a few ideas for this Blog that I hope will make it fun. First of all, I will post a weekly challenge that I hope you will all join me in doing. For example, the first challenge will be drinking 64 oz. of water each day. If you have any tricks or suggestions on how you get your h2o requirements, leave a comment.
I will also post a weekly recipe. I will try to use one that I have actually tried. Again, please share any yummy nutritious recipes.
In addition, I would like to share a favorite weekly product. It could be anything from new running shoes to some awesome lotion someone happened to find. Once again please share. I really want this Blog to be about more than just ME.
Finally, let me know if you are interested in being listed as a blogger for the cure.

5 comments:

Lamb Fam said...

You inspire me... I'm off to drink my water...

Suzie said...

What a great idea!

kristi and family said...

leesa this is awesome... you totally inspire me... AND, i LOVE water... AND, you...

Trish the Dish said...

To get my water in it really helps to fill a jug (64 oz in this case) in the morning and leave it in a place I will see it, like the kitchen counter. I'm so busy I forget to drink so it's a good reminder. Also, ICE ICE BABY - who likes to drink luke-warm water? Sometimes I'll put cucumber slices or lemons, limes, etc. in it to give it a little kick, but straight up is still my favorite. LOVE THIS BLOG - what a cool idea!

Trace said...

Thanks Trish. I agree with the ice-especially when I work out!